What to include
- Imagine you’re an FY1 (focus on essential, immediate management & when to escalate)
- Keep it relevant to all hospitals
- Provide information rather than a guideline. Instead, reference any official guidelines!
- Reference any other useful resources (books, websites etc.)
- If you’re unsure of the content you need to include look at Patient UK, UpToDate, Dynamed & review articles
- Keep it succinct (there is no word limit)
- No textboxes (difficult to add to a website). Captions & tables are fine!
- Don’t screenshot! Screenshots of pictures look awful on websites. Original required or if buried in PDF document, send a link so I can extract
- Screenshots of tables look awful too. Instead, they need to be re-created
- Reference all pictures
How to send
- You must have the article reviewed by an appropriate senior e.g. registrar/consultant
- Ensure you attach the pictures separately & include them in the document so we know where to place them